If you are experiencing chronic headaches or jaw pain from involuntary night-time teeth clenching, let Dr. Richardson at Highland Village Smile Studio help you with a nightguard. A night guard is a thin, transparent device that is worn over the biting surface of your teeth while you sleep to prevent contact between the upper and lower teeth.
The Night Guard Fitting Process
• Impressions are taken of your upper and lower teeth to confirm an accurate fit
• Using your impressions as a mold, the night guard is crafted out of strong, durable plastic
• When the guard is finished, it is properly fitted to your mouth
• Simply wear the guard while you sleep every night
Benefits of a Night Guard
• Prevents migraine pain
• Prevents tension-type headache pain
• Can help prevent jaw disorders by relieving pressure
• Prevents teeth grinding and the development of TMD (temporomandibular disorder)
• Prevents loss of tooth structure and worn down teeth
Don’t live with painful headaches or jaw muscles. Contact our friendly dentist and team at 972-317-1406 today and learn how a night guard for teeth grinding in Highland Village, Texas, can help you.